I haven’t shared a recipe on here before… but this was too freaking delicious to not share!
Oh my goodness, you guys. When I made this, Michael and I were looking forward to dinner every single night we had this.
A warm, cozy bowl of rich red curry broth with fresh noodles and roasted peanuts??! Sign. Me. Up. Michael hates mushrooms, but any time I can sneak them into a meal without him really noticing is a win for me!
I am pretty sure the biggest way I show my love is by cooking and feeding others. I’m not sure why, but I feel so much happiness from sharing any sweet treats or meals that I make. And I don’t think I ever stop thinking about what to cook next and who I’m going to share my leftovers with.
Cheers to always eating good with even better company surrounding you. ❤️
Anyway, here’s this yummy recipe!
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1-2 cans coconut milk (helps cut the spice)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/3 cup JIF creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup Mae Ploy red curry paste
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- fresh yakisoba noodles (we get them locally)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 3 handfuls baby spinach
- 1/3 cup basil, roughly chopped
- some cilantro and chopped roasted peanuts, for serving
- Mix chicken broth, coconut milk, soy sauce, fish sauce, honey, pb, and curry paste in the instant pot bowl.
- Add chicken, shiitakes, red bell peppers, ginger, and garlic to the curry mixture.
- Cook in Instant Pot for 10 minutes on high pressure. Natural release.
- Shred chicken. Stir in noodles, lime, spinach, & basil.
- Ladel all the deliciousness into bowls.
- Top with peanuts and cilantro and enjoyyyy!
Inspired by HBH. If you have leftovers, separate the noodles and the soup so the noods don’t get mushy.